TOP NEWS

Jean-Luc Mélenchon promises a consultation of his activists in the event of a second round between Emmanuel Macron and Marine Le Pen

Even if Jean-Luc Mélenchon still believes in “mouse hole” in which he is trying to interfere to access the second round of the presidential election, the candidate of La France insoumise (LFI) spoke out on Wednesday March 30 in a daily interview The Telegram, on a possible elimination on the evening of the first round.

The candidate “rebellious” let it be known that in the event of a second round between Emmanuel Macron and Marine Le Pen, he will consult the 310,000 people who supported him online before giving a voting instruction. “Three hundred and ten thousand people sponsor my candidacy. So on the evening of the first round, we will ask them what we are doing for the second round., he explained. Before adding, optimistically: “But it will be easier because I have a good chance to be there. » A deposit without prior consultation of its base, “It would be absolutely useless. People do as they please, we all know that.”he explains.

Read also: Article reserved for our subscribers Jean-Luc Mélenchon faced with the insoluble Le Pen equation

The tight precedent of the consultation in 2017

During a press conference at Mr. Mélenchon’s Paris campaign headquarters on Thursday, March 31, his campaign manager defended his candidate’s position. “There is no ambiguity, this eventuality is not the most likely”he said, before developing the strategy of “rebellious” in the days to come. “Our objective, in the last days of this campaign, is not to know what we want to do in the event that we are not in the second round. Today, the match is among the three people likely to qualify. According to him, “there is popular demand to have another second round than last time” and “The challenge of the last ten days is simple, it is to convince that this hypothesis exists”.

When the question of a Republican barrage against Marine Le Pen in the second round was raised, the deputy of Bouches-du-Rhône had so far refused to respond to this possibility. “If you really intend to block the second round, I have a more interesting proposal for you, block the first round by voting for us! »he said at a meeting in Marseilles on March 27.

In 2017, during his defeat on the evening of the first round with his fourth position obtained with 19.58% of the vote, Mr. Mélenchon did not come out in favor of Emmanuel Macron, contenting himself with saying: “Not a voice on the far right. » The consultation of “rebellious” activists had resulted in a narrow majority for the blank or null vote (36%), just ahead of the vote for Emmanuel Macron (nearly 35%).

The World with AFP

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Back to top button