- The evacuation of civilians in Mariupol, who are more than 160,000 to be stuck in the martyr city according to the latest estimates, turns to the test of strength between Russia, Ukraine and the West. The Russian Defense Ministry announced the establishment of a local ceasefire from 10 a.m. on Friday to allow the opening of a humanitarian corridor to Zaporizhia. But Westerners consider Moscow’s commitments insufficient and fear bad faith on their part. kyiv for its part announced the dispatch of 45 buses to evacuate civilians from the besieged port.
- The refocusing of the Russian war effort on Donbass, in eastern Ukraine, where Russian forces will face a hardened Ukrainian army, suggests a conflict ” prolonged “, which could last for months, the Pentagon warned on Thursday. Joe Biden, who also says to himself “ skeptical on the partial withdrawal announced by the Russians, estimated that Vladimir Putin “seemed to isolate itself”after having ” dismissed or placed under house arrest some of his advisers”.
- In his nightly video address to the nation, Volodymyr Zelensky announced on Friday that it had sacked two generalsaccused of treachery “. He also said that after the withdrawal of Russian troops from the north and center of the country, the situation was tense in the south and in the east, where Russian forces are preparing for new powerful attacks.
- The Russians have abandoned Chernobyl nuclear power plant which they had occupied since the beginning of the war, taking along with members of the Ukrainian national guard, taken in “hostages”, according to Kyiv. The Director General of the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA), Rafael Grossi, is today in Kaliningrad, Russia, to discuss the nuclear safety in Ukraine with senior Russian officials.
- As of April 1, buyers of russian country gas “unfriendly” will have to have accounts in rublesotherwise Russia will not deliver them, President Putin announced on Thursday. Germany and France “prepare” to a potential stoppage of Russian gas imports, the Europeans refusing the payment in rubles demanded by Moscow, reacted the Minister of Economy Bruno Le Maire. European countries will continue to pay for Russian gas in euros and dollars as is “written in contracts”assured the German Chancellor, Olaf Scholz.
- Oil producers OPEC announced, unsurprisingly, a modest further opening of their black gold floodgates, ignoring calls to ease war-induced price pressures. The American president, faced with record inflation undermining his popularity, ordered him to draw 1 million barrels a day from strategic oil reserves for six months.
Read all our articles, analyzes and reports on the war in Ukraine:
Factual. In Mariupol, the evacuation of civilians turns into a showdown between Russia and the West
Report. “Today, we are all equal and united to defend Ukraine. The rest, we will talk about it after the war “: in kyiv, the artists enter into resistance
Factual. On the payment of gas in rubles, Russia and the European Union defend their version
Grandstand. “Standard Western Aid Modalities Can Have Counterproductive Effects”
Factual. The Russian army left Chernobyl taking with it prisoners
To analyse. Food sovereignty put to the test by the war in Ukraine
You can find our live yesterday on this link
“Why is my question not published? » : How? ‘Or’ What ” The world “ manages contributions in live tracks