TOP NEWS

The two investigations for “rape of minors” targeting the couple Gérard Louvin and Daniel Moyne closed without further action

Producers Gérard Louvin and Daniel Moyne, in Paris in June 2007.

The two surveys for “rape of minors” which targeted producer Gérard Louvin and her husband, Daniel Moyne, were dismissed in January by the Paris prosecutor’s office, Agence France-Presse (AFP) learned on Monday April 4 from sources familiar with the matter.

These two investigations were opened in January and August 2021 by the capital’s prosecutor’s office. The latter confirms having closed the first because of prescription of the facts and having put an end to the second for “insufficiently characterized offence”.

Pierre Debuisson, lawyer for several plaintiffs, says he is convinced that non-prescribed victims exist. “My clients are still waiting for them to show up”he said, adding that they “Thinking about filing a complaint with a civil action” to obtain the appointment of an investigating judge.

Read also Article reserved for our subscribers The nephew of producer Gérard Louvin recounts his life “broken” by incest

On the producers’ side, their lawyers are satisfied. “It is a fair application of the criminal law, it is completely normal that Gérard Louvin be completely exonerated by French justice”commented his lawyer, Christophe Ayela. “It’s a victory. Justice has been served, it is a great relief, it was a long and painful procedure for my client. We are happy to have trusted our legal system, because today their honor is washed”reacted for her part Céline Bekerman, lawyer for Daniel Moyne.

Several complaints of rape and assault

In January 2021, Olivier A. had filed a complaint, accusing his uncle Gérard Louvin of having “favoured” of the incestuous rapes committed on him by the producer’s husband, Daniel Moyne, in the 1980s.

Subsequently, several other complaints for rape and sexual assault against the couple had been filed in Paris, and a preliminary investigation had been opened by the prosecutor’s office in the capital. “After careful examination of the procedure, we regret to inform you that the facts that you denounce are covered by the prescription, preventing any prosecution from being brought against the respondent”the prosecution had informed the complainants in mid-January.

Read the survey: Article reserved for our subscribers Four new complaints against the producer couple Louvin-Moyne, for rape and sexual assault

In early August, the Paris prosecutor’s office had opened another investigation, also “for rape of minors”, after indirect testimony accusing the two men of organizing ““paid sex parties” with minors from the favelas” in Brazil in 2004, which they disputed. This other procedure “has meanwhile been dismissed without further action”also in January, “due to an insufficiently characterized offence”also informed the Paris prosecutor’s office.

Read also Article reserved for our subscribers PPDA, Nicolas Hulot, Gérard Louvin… TF1, the dark side of the golden years

The World with AFP

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Back to top button