- On the twenty-ninth day of the attack on Ukraine, Russian forces control neither the capital, kyiv, nor the strategic port city of Mariupol, in the South, but continue intense bombardments on several cities. The Pentagon estimated on Wednesday that the Russian army was taking ” defensive positions “. The Ukrainians thus pushed them back 55 kilometers from the center of kyiv.
- Ukrainian President, Volodymyr Zelensky, called on Wednesday evening in a video the citizens of the whole world to take to the streets to protest against Russia’s invasion of his country. Earlier, he had addressed the French Parliament, saying he expected France to help Ukraine put an end to this “war against liberty, equality and fraternity” and eventually join the European Union.
- The Ukrainian president also urged French companies to leave Russia and stop being the “war sponsors”citing Auchan, Leroy Merlin and Renault. The latter, threatened with a boycott by the Ukrainian Minister of Foreign Affairs, gave in to pressure and announced on Wednesday evening the suspension of the activity of their factory in Moscow.
- NATO to deploy four new battlegroups in Bulgaria, Romania, Hungary and Slovakia to strengthen its defenses against Russia on its eastern flank, and is prepared to protect the allies against a nuclear attack, its secretary general announced on Wednesday. The organization further estimated that 7,000 to 15,000 Russian soldiers had been killed since the start of the war.
- A Russian journalist, Oksana Baulina, was killed in a bombing in kyiv on Wednesdayannounced in the evening the online media for which she worked, The Insider.
- Moscow will use nuclear weapon in Ukraine in case of “existential threat” against Russia, Dmitry Peskov said on CNN International on Tuesday. The journalist from the American channel asked the Kremlin spokesperson to say if he was “confident” Where “convinced” that the Russian president, to whom he is very close, would not use nuclear weapons in Ukraine.
- More than 3.5 million people fled Ukraine since the start of the war, according to the United Nations tally published on Tuesday. Nearly 200,000 refugees have been evacuated by train from Poland to other countries, the company PLK, which manages the Polish rail network, announced on Tuesday.
Read all our articles, analyzes and reports on the war in Ukraine:
You can find our live yesterday on this link.
story. The Russian Army in Ukraine: From Failed Offensive to Carnage
Report. In western Ukraine, with the Lutsk Battalion: “Son, stand up, the war has begun”
Grandstand. Sandra Laugier: “Zelensky, even in his new role as a warlord, poses as a citizen president”
Maintenance. Oleh Baturin, Ukrainian journalist, kidnapped in occupied Kherson region: “They threatened me with death”
Decryptions. Europeans are ready to buy gas together, as they did for vaccines against Covid-19
Letter of… In Slovakia, the disinformator was paid by Moscow
Decryptions. Navalny case: the opponent sent to prison for nine years